Tattoo healing is your responsibility.
Failing to follow these specific instructions will result in your tattoo healing poorly. Please trust the process!
How To Heal a Tattoo
- Remove the bandage
- Wash the tattoo with fragrance free antibacterial soap (dial, soft soap)
- Dry delicately
- Apply a fragrance free moisturizing lotion or ointment to the tattoo as necessary (whenever skin gets dry, usually 4-8 times a day) for the following week
- Approved ointments (best for the first 3-5 days) A&D ointment, Aquafor, or any tattoo specific ointment i.e. hustle butter, tattoo goo
- Approved lotions (best for when tattoo is peeling) Lubriderm, Eucerin, Jergins, Curel, or tattoo specific ointment i.e. H2Ocean
Things that will DESTROY a tattoo during the 2 week healing process:
- Letting the tattoo dry out
- Applying fragrance to a healing tattoo
- Exposing a healing tattoo to sunlight
- Swimming with a healing tattoo
- Picking at or itching a healing tattoo
- Pet dander, direct or indirect contact between a pet and your fresh tattoo
- NOT KEEPING IT CLEAN
If you follow these steps, your tattoo will heal. If you do not, it may not heal as well as we would like. Please do yourself a favor, stick to these rules.